nav bar

Home Recipes Proud Moments About Me

Tuesday, March 6, 2012

how do you handle stress?

Ever take a good look at how you react to stress?  Things are starting to get challenging as I work in two different departments.  Monday was "off the charts" in terms of stress. Just before quitin time, a had a project go wrong and was beside myself.  Instead of heading to zumba, I went home to wallow.   The moment I walked in I was a bear. Went straight to the kitchen and made me a huge omelete.  Gobbled up a banana and almonds right out of the bag. Then went to bed early with an uncomfortably full belly.

I slept until 6:45 a.m., still FULL from last night's dinner. Never eat a banana before going to bed. Just saying... 

Today things are in perspective. I do what I can, where I can, with the amount of time I haveThe end.  My issues are so minor in the grand scheme of things.  Why do I drown myself in a cup of water? I'm evaluating how I manage my stress. Today I was told a co-worker's husband died. Another lost his vision. And what am I doing?  Wallowing over SHIT.

There is always going to be stress in one's life.  I cheated self by not keeping with my routine. Remember, one never feels bad after a work out. I knew that intellectually but chose to hide under a rock.  My day is still stressful but the difference is my attitude.  I Instead of succumbing to the huge bag of M&M's near my desk, I'm chomping on an orange.

Didn't have time for exercise during my lunch hour. Okay... I can always take a walk during my break, take a zumba class this evening or do a workout with the new app I downloaded on the ipad2.

I do not have to let stress gobble me up.

I can acknowledge it.  Look at it.. and choose not to drown in it.  I know this approach is easier after a good nights rest and certainly the challenge is to recognize it in "real time" and then turn things around. You'd think at my age, I'd have that figured out.  But no... If you have any suggestions on how to "turn a frown upside down," and "be happy", I'd sure love to hear it.

Later, gators.

1 comment:

  1. I love this post...something I should keep in mind as well. "Drowning in a cup of water..." Yes. So much of my stress is self- induced. I work daily to breathe, remember what matters, and chill the F*#! out!

    It's hard.

    ReplyDelete