nav bar

Home Recipes Proud Moments About Me

Thursday, March 8, 2012

healthy.eater.show.off

Aww, it's Thursday. One more day til Friday...  Doing really good with my  new motto "not drowing in a cup of water."  Helping me keep things in perspective.

I wanted to share one of my favorite food finds from Trader Joe's.  I found this Quinoa medeley in the frozen food section. It's 220 calories for 1 cup.  High in calories if  you're eating "as is" which I do not.  I add this grain to my veggie dishes.

I've been doing this for a while since it adds a layer of flavor to what could be BORING vegetables. Last night, I sauted fresh asparagus and when they were nice and soft, I added 2 cups of quinoa. 

Here's a picture I took with my cell phone.  This picture doesn't do the meal justice.  BTW-- Is there a way to take a picture on android cell phone and upload to blogger? I can't figure it out. 

Back to my quinoa obsession.  I divided this batch of quinoa and asparagus. Half for last night dinner and the other half for my lunch.  This little mixture (heated up of course) was the perfect topping to my massage kale with olive oil.

I felt so healthy heating my lunch up in the break room.  I'm such a healthy.eater.show.off.  After my healthy lunch, I went for a 2 mile walk.  My leg was a little sore from last night's 2 hour jog. It was cold last night and I didn't want to go but after reading Roni's Weigh's blog yesterday where she talks about healthy habits.  She's so right about turning on "auto pilot" and just doing rather than thinking about exercising.

Love you Roni.  Well, gotta run.  I am so looking forward to the weekend. How about you?

3 comments:

  1. hope your stress is better now. thinking of you :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. 'm looking forward to not only the weekend but Spring Break! I need to try quinoa. And I am excited to say we are finally getting a Trader Joe's in Texas!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am new to your blog and followed. I wanted to say "hi". I also blog about my weight loss journey.

    ReplyDelete