nav bar

Home Recipes Proud Moments About Me

Tuesday, October 18, 2016

This and That

Hi friends, how was your weekend?  It rained non-stop this weekend in Sacramento and I loved it. I had the grandkids over and we lit a fire and watched Hocus Pocus.  On Sunday, after church and blood work, we went grocery shopping and then watched TV all day.  At one point, I had to stretch and did a few yoga poses and it felt wonderful.  I asked my doctor if I can work out and she said of course, but within reason.  I plan on visiting The Daily Method to check out Barre and to see if it's something I can modify when necessary.  If you've tried it, please let me know your thoughts in the comments. Gracias.

Since I only work part-time, I've been eating out quite a lot.  I weigh 203 lbs as of yesterday and that's a 25 pound weight gain. It's depressing but it's also in part due to steroids but I got to be honest, going out to eat 2-3 times a week is not good.

But the upside of these adventures is I'm dining alone. It feels kind of awkward but I am learning to enjoy it.  Just me, alone with my thoughts and listening to the chatter around me.  
 


 
 
I ordered a meatball sandwhich on fresh baked bread and a small salad.  The sandwhich was everything... I'll admit it was way too much food. I ate the salad and half the sandwhich, but had to eat the meatballs out of the other half.
 
On Friday afternoon, it really started to rain and so my son called to see if I wanted to meet him at Son of a Bean (a coffee shop) as the owner was serving clam chowder bowls.  My son has this great group of supportive friends that he has met while working for Councilmember Allen Warren in  Del Paso Heights.
 
Here we are discussing my son's next move. He recently lost his run for  School Board.  I love coffee shops, don't you?
 
 
I am trying to get back to my healthy ways... but truthfully, the smell of kale, snap peas and brussell sprouts nearly made me puke.  I did my best and stuck with broccoli and then that's when I gave up and asked the Hubs to get a pizza.  I keep reminding myself to limit bread and eat healthier because my body needs it. Forget what it smells like or tastes like. So far, I've been eating Taylor Farms bagged salads for lunch and those seem to be satisfying. The goal is to eat a salad a day.  I wish I didn't love bread so much.... but that too needs to be eliminated. 
 
On a happier note, I thought I'd share another pic with one of my wigs. I should wear it more often.
 
 

2 comments:

  1. I like that wig. It looks very natural and the hairstyle suits you.

    Sometimes eating alone in a restaurant is such a decadent treat. You have time and attention all to yourself.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thinking of you my friend. Praying that the God of ALL peace will grant you peace & healing. In Jesus Name ❤️

    ReplyDelete