nav bar

Home Recipes Proud Moments About Me

Monday, October 19, 2015


Happy Monday all. I hope you had a nice weekend.  Mine was low-key.  I really enjoyed the rain we had on Friday night.  My lawn certainly enjoyed it as well.

I’ve been laying low on the activity side as well. No workouts or running for the last 4 weeks. I’ve seen my regular doctor, an ortho and a physical therapist regarding my knee issue. Not sure if I ever explained but as a child, I had knee surgery that had me in a cast for a year.  It’s never really given me major issues but it would flare up time-from-time.  Apparently, I taxed my knee with all my running.  The Physical therapist said I had very little  muscle strength in my thigh due to my surgery and that I shouldn’t run at least for now.  It’s hard news to hear.  The PT has given me some leg exercises to do for the next few months and I will do them religiously… I also plan to go back to Kaia Fit and work out. I really miss it but I’m not going to lie… I’ve rather enjoyed sleeping in and not doing anything.  But I know that’s not good for me physically and certainly not emotionally.  No activity equals depression. At least for me… so today I’ll be heading back.

For now, I’m concentrating on eating less. EATING LESS. Very hard to do, RIGHT? I feel like I’m always hungry, even after a meal.  If I can just get my body USED TO WANTING less food, but obviously, it's a process. In the meantime… I keep telling self “food is just fuel. Not everything has to be a party in my mouth.”  Even though I love parties. lol. If you have any suggestions on how to eat less, I’d love to hear it. I know it’s a silly statement and there’s no one answer, but whatever you can lend to the conversation I would love to hear it.  For now, I'll food journal either on my fitness pal or even taking photos of what I eat... just to get perspective. Anyways, I hope you're doing well. 
TTFN,
Paula

No comments:

Post a Comment