nav bar

Home Recipes Proud Moments About Me

Thursday, October 31, 2013

stronger than i realized

Happy Halloween my friends...

Man, what a difference a year makes. Just last year, I was struggling with a diagnosis of stage 2 breast cancer and gearing up for surgery.  You  never know what you're made of until you're tested....

That's exactly how I felt last night after completing boot camp. Every part of my body ached prior to that class. I wanted to skip out but my daughter motivated me to just work through it.  I am so glad I did.  On my drive home, I could not contain my happiness. It's an incredible feeling to know where I was last year and today I am getting through drills that involve planks, pliĆ© squats, sit ups and burpees which I struggle with but hey, Rome wasn't built in a day.

I jumped on the scale and it reads 179 STILL.  It's disheartening.  I start to think "what if I never lose the 20 lbs and cannot get breast reconstruction?" Well, I'll come to terms with that when and if it  happens. For now, I'm going to bask in my feeling of health and fitness.

10/30/13
 I'm stronger than I realized.  I know it's because the Lord is in my corner.

Life is sweet y'all.  Just needed to come here with my praise report.  If you're reading this and are struggling... please do not give up.  After every storm, there's a calmness.   Just hold on... keep going. Whatever the challenge is... look for the blessing. Keep pressing forward.  Life is incredibly sweet even in the midst of challenges. It's those moments that we need to call on our higher power. For me it's God.  I can do all things with him. 

Have a safe Halloween friends and thank you for stopping by this here blog.

Later, gators.
 

4 comments:

  1. Hope you had a fun night! I'm happy to see you posting and sounding so positive. You are looking good!

    ReplyDelete
  2. "A very present help in times of trouble". YEAH! I'm singing praise to the Lord right along with you my friend. You are an inspiration. Truly!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the waves in your hair. You've endured so much this past year. You will lose the weight. But you have to figure out what you need to do to make that happen: a little less food; elimination of trigger foods; more strength training. I do think you are doing the right thing by focusing on exercise and not quitting on that. Having a strong and fit body is much more important than being thinner. It will all be balanced in the end. Suerte!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Just read your comment. Thank you Rosa for your frankness. You probably see more of my real life than most bloggers since we're on FB and I do need to eat less and eliminate trigger foods. I need to really focus on the eating aspect of it all. After all it comes down to math. Less consumed, more burned. Wish I didn't love comida so much.

      Delete