nav bar

Home Recipes Proud Moments About Me

Friday, May 10, 2013

Up not down

Ugh.... Scale is going in the wrong direction! This morning weigh in is 189 lbs. Disheartening. Will start a food journal here. Perhaps that will help.

I will also be  happy when my hair is longer. Just saying.  I take random pictures of myself throughout this journey and the eyes never lie.  The window to my soul is not muy bueno today..


On a  happier note, I did walk 2 miles at noon and did zumba in the evening.  I sat out a couple of songs and sneaked out during the cool down.  It felt like "cheating" but hey, something is better than nada. After stopping by my daughter's house to pick up my bib for the Race for the Cure, I came home and made this for dinner.


Not gonna lie. I did eat dried fruit and a bowl of mango, strawberries and peaches with  lots of Tajin.  It was that or the chocolate cookies in the cupboard.  Old habits are definitely back and I'll do better to harness self-conrol. Don't you wish there was an over the counter pill for self-control?  Wishful thinking.  This has always been the  hardest part of losing weight for me...

Oh well, today will be better.

Wishing you all a Happy Mother's day on Sunday... Don't forget to hug your kids... even if they're all grown up.  Something I'm getting better at...

2 comments:

  1. Feliz Dia De Las Madres Paula :0) Food journaling sounds like a good idea, I've been meaning to do the same but I swear this year has already begun to ZOOM past, how did I ever blog almost daily I couldn't say. Chin up <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're doing great!

    I would love to help you reach your goals- let me know if you'd like a health coach. :)

    http://www.chooseyourhabits.com

    ReplyDelete