nav bar

Home Recipes Proud Moments About Me

Tuesday, March 19, 2013

reroute your thinking

Hola, how’s your day going?
Mine is muy bueno.  Last night, I got a text to join my friend Delia at zumba. This is a high energy, no stopping, sweatin your butt off kinda a class. I arrived late but was able to do a non-stop 30 mintues of high intensity zumba.  Delia saved me a spot right in front. Funny how we all started in the back and are now up front.  Confidence shows itself in many ways.  Most of the ladies I know were noticeably thinner than  the last time I saw them. It’s been 5 months since I attended this class. For a moment, I think “that could’ve been me had I not gotten sick.”  I immediately try and stop that kind of thinking. I now live in the GRATEFUL TO JUST BE HERE WORLD and those thoughts are not productive..  Odd how C has a way of changing your whole perspective and you’re able to reroute your thinking.
Anywhoo… it felt great to be sweating my booty off, doing what I love. I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again, exercise definitely improves the quality of one’s life.
There are small moments of awkardness as I try to resume life.  But there are also moments of laughter…   Like when my friend stopped in the middle of zumba to fix my bandana and joking said “you’re looking like a pirate.” And I respond with “ayre…” and we carry on.
I can’t wait to have my hair back. Not because I miss it but because the “tell-tale signs of cancer” will no longer be present … I’ll be glad when the reminder is no longer visible to the outside world. 
I’m excited for the promise of hair as I run my hands through my scalp. I’m surprised at how soft it feels… not at all like stuble…

1 comment:

  1. Well, it is quite true that workout has a quite important place in weight loss efforts and it allows the person to maintain the fitness. Workout stops fat to be stored at different areas of body and also stop weight to be increased. By doing workout fat can be burned out in form of sweat and the person is allowed to be fit in all aspects. I made use of a weight loss supplement for losing weight and this option worked very well for me. It allowed me to lose weight very easily and I didn’t feel any problem as well in getting my goal. I bought the product from here http://usplabsdirect.com/oxyelite-pro.html and it is a preferable option to select according to me.

    ReplyDelete