nav bar

Home Recipes Proud Moments About Me

Monday, February 25, 2013

Molcajete

Hi friends, how was your weekend?  Can I just say that I now  understand why the scale is up 4 pounds?  After church on Sunday, Daniel and I visited a local restarant in Sacramento called Lalos. They serve this delicious dish of grilled cactus, chorizo, chicken and flank steak in a wonderful chili sauce with cheese. 

This dish arrives to your table bubbling hot, served with corn tortillas and beans.

Man, I'm in love with this dish and will definitely recreate thsi dish at home.  Obviously, I could reduce some calories by leaving out the cheese but where is the fun in that?

Somehow, my lunch of salad and chicken does not seem so appealing after having this treat on Sunday.

It's definitely been a challenge to get back on the health wagon but it's like all things... one day at a time.

Do you have any wonderful dishes like this in your culture? Something that you cannot get in a typical restaurant?

4 comments:

  1. Baby steps WILL get you there. You are doing fine!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had three days off plan last week enjoying things I usually do not eat, but I'm back on track and down two pounds. I'm a southern gal and grew up eating a lot of fried vegetables like fried okra and fried green tomatoes and fried potatoes. I make my own version of fried okra now that only requires a tablespoon of oil instead of the half cup that most would use. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am on a juice fast but I have to call it off last Sunday because I can resist with the temptation to eat fish noodle soup :p
    All this time I only thought that cactus is only a 'flower'..or a plant. I have never heard of grilled cactus? How does it taste?

    Your newest follower,
    -Honeybee
    http://herweightlossdiary.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete