nav bar

Home Recipes Proud Moments About Me

Tuesday, December 4, 2012

personal hike

Just relaxing at home in Sacramento.  The weather is over cast and I assume a 4th storm is expected later this evening. While being "house-bound" is difficult, I am grateful for the dismal weather. I mean, imagine how I'd feel if it was sunny outside. Torture, that's how....

So for now I'm content with the gloomy weather. This morning, I headed to my prosthesis fitting. I admire the people who work in this field.  There is a level of compassion but at the same time, business as usual.  

Prior to C, my bra size was 40 C.  Today I was measured at 42. I'm up two inches but that's probably due to swelling.  I was asked if I'd like to go lower and well, I said of course. I'll take a full size "B".  

I cannot tell you how amazing it felt to wear a bra and look down and see the familiar.  It's strange to look down with no breasts and all you see is the inner-tube that suddenly has appeared near your mid drift...  I tell self "This is all temporary"  I'm doing what it takes to mend and that's okay.  Better days ahead.  Fow show (that's me trying to talk slang).

After my appointment, my son and I had brunch at Boudin.  I forgot my camera and I wish I could share pictures of my delicious butter nut squash soup in a bread bowl. Nothing says comfort better than bread. I'm amazed every day that I'm able to eat and keep my food down. God is so good. I just love him so much. He is so merciful.  

I've been photo journaling on the ipad each day. Just a picture to chronicle my day. There is so much truth behind one's eyes.  I want to be sure I understand all that I am feeling and above all, be present and grateful.

I know I'm going to be okay and I know there's a mountain peek out there just waiting for me to climb.  I'm excited for the thought of being active again. Odd how inactivity is what I find so difficult during the days.  Go figure.

My son is cooking me dinner so I gotta run. Later, gators.

Paula

4 comments:

  1. Hugs to you. You are so inspiring.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Enz.... I think you're pretty amazing yourself. Living vicariously through your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Praise God from Whom ALL BLESSINGS FLOW! It blesses me to see you give glory to God in the midst of your valley time. He will give you "beauty for ashes" when all is said and done. Isaiah 61:3

    ((((HUGS))))

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you Lisa. I so appreciate the scripture.

    ReplyDelete