nav bar

Home Recipes Proud Moments About Me

Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Kale, please!!

Hi friends, how's it going?  I had a few moments of "boo hoo hoo" but then I checked myself and decided enough!  I decided to pull out the Kale from Saturday's farmers market trip.

There were various types of Kale and I decided on this curly Kale since I've purchased this type at Trader Joes.  I chopped and removed the stems and then cleaned in my new salad spinner. I should have bought one of these years ago.

I added some olive oil to my pan.  Chopped 1/2 a white onion, two cloves of garlic and then crushed some toasted chile japones for some kick.

 Cooked onions, garlic and chili until tender.
 Added my kale.
 When Kale was nice and wilted, I added some diced tomatoes from a can. I always have a large can of diced tomatoes in my fridge.


I then cooked 1 cup of pasta. I used this type since it's what I had in my cup board.

I heated on some grilled chicken strips I bought at Sam's club and TADA!!!  Lunch and dinner was served.

I should have added more Kale to this recipe and of course, I needed some cheese but since I shouldn't be eating it at this time, I skipped it.

This dish was inspired by Giada from the Cooking Channel.  

Weight loss

The down side of all this is I cannot exercise.  Add to that my increase in carbs and well, I am gaining weight. The scale is staying at 176 lbs but I definitely see the extra weight in my pictures.

Damn, look at them guns?  My daughter bought me a wig yesterday.  I am so lucky to have such wonderful kids.  I know it's human nature to feel loss and sadness when you're going through it but it's important to remember all that you have.... Even this extra weight... I know it's temporary. It's just a matter of time I get back to my routine. I  return to work in January and I can't wait to focus on something other than C.

Routines are glorious, don't you think?

1 comment:

  1. Hi Paula
    Your kale looks delicious and I just happen to have some in the fridge so I may well be a copy-cat (just without the pasta)... and I'm so grateful you mentioned the salad spinner. I'd never thought of using it for kale etc.
    I also wanted to wish you a happy and healthy and wonderful 2013. You've been so strong through the rough deal you've had recently and my thoughts have been with you (even though I haven't said anything before).
    By the way, you are still and will always be one beautiful lady.
    Deniz

    ReplyDelete