nav bar

Home Recipes Proud Moments About Me

Thursday, July 30, 2015

Week 1 -Training

Happy Thursday all.... hoping your day is going well.

Mine started out with a sweaty workout before heading to work. I just love morning workouts, especially given the 106 degree weather of the last couple of days.  I really feel bad for Daniel working in this hot weather...

At least my workout was only an hour.  We have  new owners at Kaia Fit and man-o-man. The workouts are intense.  I am being truthful when I say I can barely keep up.  One station was two burpees, and two frog jumps repeated 3xs. Then it was Russian dances on a tire, then front lunges halfway down building and back, then wall squats. That was only 1 station out of 5...


It was 74 degrees at 7 a.m. Gotta love this hot Sacramento weather.  The upside is my skin is aglow LOL

I arrived at work at 9 a.m. and completely forgot that my co-workers were giving me a much belated "congratulations on your wedding" potluck. I really do not like all the fuss.  I never know how to act or what to say as "thank you" never seems sufficient. Am I the only one that feels that way?

 Just look at the lovely cake my co-worker made for me.  Isn't it gorgeous?
 And it tasted wonderful as well.

I felt a little guilty about eating cake. There goes the calories i burned and then some.

Here I am all showered and ready for my day... Big difference, right?

I'm having a really good week. This is Week #1 of training for the Urban Cow half marathon. I'm scared to pieces.  I have sciatica issues and I'm not sure if it's very smart, but I generally try and do something outside the box just before my birthday.  So here I am training for my first half-marathon.

Does anyone have any suggestions in terms of running shoes?  I have Nike Max but they just don't feel right. I'd love to hear any suggestions.

All my best,
Paula

1 comment: