nav bar

Home Recipes Proud Moments About Me

Thursday, April 19, 2012

My glass is definitely half full


The weather in Sacramento is amazing. Warm with a mild breeze.  Perfect day for a nice  hike.  But it will have to wait. My morning started with coffee and a few sips of a smoothie that was just too tart.

Arrived to work and got busy.  Then around 11 a.m. I was famished. I ate a banana and some otwalla yogurt. Yum. I really enjoyed the mango & lime flavored yogurt.

I planned on going for a walk at noon but instead, I headed to my office to eat my humungus salad of cabbage, cilantro, tomatoes and dried fruit.  I never get tired of cabbage.



I found myself at my desk surfing the web and enjoying a "pity-party."  It was then that I grabbed my purse and decided to get in the car and look at rentals near my office.

I just adore older cottage style  houses. This one here has a fire place.

Then I came to this charming little house with a porch. I walked to the back and there was a screened porch.  How nice is that? What really caught my attention about this cottage is the front porch.  They don't make houses with porches anymore. I think having a porch helps build a community of sorts.  Back in the day, people would sit out with a cold beverage and watch their children play with one another.  Yes, I definitely can envision myself sitting here with a glass of vino.

Our living situation is still unsettled but at least I looked at possibilities.  Possibilities are always exciting,right?  It's up to me to be my own "cheerleader." It's up to me to see my glass as HALF FULL.

I turned a negative moment into a positive  moment.  And now, I'm off to zumba.  La vida es dulce, hay que saborar lo.

Paula

No comments:

Post a Comment