nav bar

Home Recipes Proud Moments About Me

Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Mindful

Hi friends, how's your week treating you?

Things over at pwc could be better.  Negativity looks like a recurring "theme" but only if I let it, right?

Eating and exercise is going to be a challenge in the months to come because I'm in transition.  There was a fire at my home and as a result, the place is inhabitable.  We're staying with relatives for now until we figure things out.  I am amazed at how calm I am given the situation. Maybe because I'm mostly grateful. Things could have been worse. I am determined to have a cup half full instead of half empty.  Positive thinking has always been my friend.
My morning started out with a smoothie of carrots, kale, spinach, blueberries and banana.  Thank you son-in-law for making your MIL a healthy breakfast. 

Lunch was a monster salad of lettuce, eggs, ham, bacon and tomatoes and lots of water.

Exercise will be nil today.  Maybe manana.

I'm fighting the urge to comfort myself with food. It's easy to give way to bad eating in times of stress.  I hope you don't mind reading this post. I'm not writing it to solicit sympathy. NO... I'm writing so I can "feel my way through it" instead of turning to food. If you've struggled with emotional eating, then  you know how things can easily escale. One minute you're fine and the next, you're staring down a vat of peanut butter in the nude...   Don't judge.... Joking aside...it's important that I remain,

Mindful of how I feel.
Mindful of how I make others feel.
Mindful of the need to get things done.
Mindful to take care of myself.
Mindful of keeping with healthy habits.
Mindful not to let my emotions undue the hard work and good habits I've developed over the years.
Mindful to stay positive.....
Mindful to be my best self

REGARDLESS.

Yes, I'm mindful...

Mindful that my ipad2 streams Netflix and I can do a workout video... yes, mindful is a good place to be.

No comments:

Post a Comment