nav bar

Home Recipes Proud Moments About Me

Thursday, November 9, 2017

Where has she been?

Yay, I was able to restore my blog...  I've missed coming here and writing. I've been using a paper journal to share my thoughts, but I think I prefer this method of sharing.

Let's see, where do I begin?  I'm still on a chemo break. #PraiseGod....  I'm going on 9 months of being chemo free. I say "chemo free" because while my Oncologiest has not said "you're in remission", but she has said "there is no cancer in your chest, stomach and pelvis." I'll take it.

My hair has come back curly as ever. #chemocurlsfordays.  It's unmanageable, but I'll take it anytime of the week.


In August, I traveled to Guanajuato, Mexico to visit my husband's family.

My Mother-in-Law is pictured above making Chorizo.  It's such a quite way of life in their little town of Cerro Prieto, Guanajuato  My in-laws run a small grocery store and on Sundays, they sell Carnitas and Chorizo.  Everything is fresh. They have livestock and they do not waste any part of the animal.

My in-laws are also farmers, growing corn.


It is so remote that I kept thinking "perfect place to be during a zombie apocolypse."

After a week in Guanajuato, Mexico, we took a bus to Mexico City.  Lord... I absolutely loved this city.  We visited the pyramids of Tenochtitlan, which is outside of Mexico City.  We had the best driver. He had musical instruments for us to play along with his playlist. He had everything... Eagles, and even the Beatles.  Once there, we climbed the Pyramid of the Moon.  I held on for dear life.  The Pyramid of the Sun which is pictured below, was just too high to even try.


I visited the Basilica where pilgrims go to pray and see the cloack of the Indian Juan Diego. It's a wonderful story and I felt so moved praying in that church.  I could feel the Lord's presence. It was an amazing experience.

And the food in Mexico City?  Wow... I had Chilequilles (fried corn tortillas in a chile verde sauce) just  about every morning.


We visited Frida Kahlo's house in Coyoacan, Mexico.  I feel like I checked so many places off my 'bucket list."  But my favorite was the markets where I ate quesadillas. Amazing!

I feel so fortunate for each and every moment. I'm not going to lie and say that I don't live with fear. It comes and goes, but I just praise the Lord for all his blessings and you know what?  He has comforted me and has given me this amazing peace that is unexplainable.  I thank him for his mercy through out my day.

 Life can get complicated and hard. Lots of everyday life decisions, but when you live with the fear of Cancer, it has a way of letting you realize what is truly important.  It's a valuable lesson for all of us... Staying in the moment, savoring the leaves falling from the trees, the cold air on your face and most of all the comfort of your home... just sitting on the couch, relaxing and the sound of your grandkids running about. I'm grateful... Beyond grateful.

TTFN
Paula

No comments:

Post a Comment